Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Current Mood: ANNOYED





I can't believe how many dislikes this trailer has...



Jem was my favorite cartoon when I was little. (I think I mostly liked her name because it sounded like mine.) I used to watch Jem, immediately followed by Transformers, which I didn't like as much, but She-Ra and He-Man were my peeps! When I was five, I begged my mother to take me to Fantastic Sams to get my hair cut just like Cover Girl from GI Joe... which turned out to be a mistake... but hey... learning opportunity.



While I don't remember much about the original show past the pink star earrings and opening credit theme song, this trailer irked the hell out of me.

Jem was magic.

Jem was special.

Jem was my idol...

This girl is none of those things.

Aside from the names of the characters, this show shares absolutely no similarities with the 80's cartoon.



Hollywood needs to stop repurposing and dismantling my childhood!!!

No comments: