Sunday, May 1, 2011

Make goals with me!

The lack of any organization to my life frequently leaves me with no concrete way to measure my writing progress. This month I'm going to set myself milestones to work towards. So here are my...

*Goals for May*

  •    Keep my word counts at 14-21k a week ((80k for the month))
  •    Finish the first draft of Out of the Shadows
  •    Finish the outline for Echoes of Death
  •    Start editing Out of the Shadows in 5k chunks... to be completed in June.
  •    Organize my writing space and my writing bag.
  •    Do at least one thing to reach each of these goals every single day.

7 comments:

Joan Reeves said...

Wow, those are some ambitious goals, Jimmie. Good luck in achieving them or even achieving a significant portion of them.

Best wishes,
Joan Reeves

Doralynn Kennedy said...

Those are ambitious goals. Good luck. I'm stuck... can't seem to get anything written. Your goals are actually inspiring me to get some writing done... think I'll go dust of Cliff House.

David said...

I still can't get over the 14-21k a week. I'm envious. Keep us updated.

Gabriella said...

I love your goals! The next 3 days in a row I will have 10 hours on each of them to just write. Now you have me curious to see how many words I can get written each of those days.
I have been organizing everything in my house. It's feels good to know where everything is again! *L*

Anonymous said...

I have to write up weekly goals or else I get lost in the chaos of writing.

These are great goals, and they're ambitious. Good luck.

PS. You have a great profile picture!

Nicholas La Salla said...

Great goals, Jimmie! Best of luck to you. And you're keeping the emphasis where it ought to be: on your writing. The more products you have out there to sell, the better you'll do.

I hope you achieve all your goals and have an awesome May. :-)

Best,

Nick

Jimmie Hammel said...

I have individual weekly goals that all lead into completing my monthly goals. Posting weekly goals into my blog seemed excessive but on June 1st I intend to post the results of my goals for May and new goals for June.

Some of the goals are very ambitious but if they were easy, there wouldn't be much reward in completing them. :)