Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cold Turkey

   I didn't know I was going to be quitting before I did it or I probably would have gone another route, but I'm glad I chose to go cold turkey. I had used the nicotine gum when I tried to quit smoking the last time but honestly, that gum made me want to smoke more, not less. This time around, the physical withdrawal symptoms weren't that completely horrible for me. My bigger issue is with the psychological aspect of smoking. I AM SO BORED!!!!
   It's hard to be bored when you're a smoker. As long as you have a cigarette in your hand, everything is hunky dory. All the things I used to do to occupy my time are suddenly not enough to keep me entertained. I'm about to have my first weekend off of work since I quit and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
   I heard that after about 10 years, you don't even want to smoke anymore. That's something to look forward to I suppose.

No comments: